Writing Community for Misfits

Let's get to know one another

Welcome to Obernewtyn.com Forums Writersmerge Let's get to know one another

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Shonk
    Keymaster

Welcome to Writersmerge–the place to be when you want to procrastinate get some of that writing done!

So what better way to start than to tell us a bit about yourself and what you write. Answer the questions below or freestyle it–or say nothing and remain mysterious; the ghost writer, haunting the User’s Online list.

What sort of Writing do you do?

What genre do you like to write?

Ever been Published or won any Competitions?

How long have you been Writing?

What are your writing habits?

Who reads your work?

Why do you write?

And finally, where can we read your work?

Arctic Firefox
    Keymaster

Mostly the invisible type, but poems and short pieces of prose reveal themselves on occasion. I like to write essays when time permits (which is never).

Non-fiction, or contemporary literary quasi-fiction.

This would involve actually submitting something to somewhere.

On and off since primary school.

Not writing most of the time, then writing in random bursts.

Who reads your work?

Very few people.

Why do you write?

It’s a good way to sort out impressions, thoughts, experiences, etc.

Here.

Shonk
    Keymaster

I write patch work quilts that I most often forget to actually sew together.

Any, tbh. I mostly like writing characters. Genres that allow interesting ways to torment aforementioned characters are generally preferred, however.

LOL

Since I was five. Since I am also, currently, five, make of that what you will.

Poor. Chronology is a lie. Spelling is an illusion. Endings, avoided. Hydration is good, though. One must consume a lot of tea during the process, after all.

Who reads your work?

Darga Fleas did once, the fool.

Why do you write?
    Because then I have an excuse for the maladaptive daydreaming.

On this here screen thing you’re looking at.

Min
    Keymaster

In a word it could be described as Vogon. Smashed out, edited again and again, sat on for months (giving me enough time to forget about it), eventually remembered, edited a few more times, buried in a documents folder and eventually recycled in a future story. I have stuff I wrote almost 20 years ago that I still occasionally refer back to.

Sci-fi that’s masquerading as Fantasy. I like characters, so I spend my time making them as real as I can in my head, and then they drive the story.
    Or fanfic. Fanfic is fun. The rules of the world are established and I can just play/focus on character development (more often than not, ‘fixing’ underdeveloped or mis-developed characters in canon…you know what I mean).

I have vague memories of winning a book voucher for a story I wrote when I was 12 about dolphins? Haha, absolutely not, winning would require submitting words, as JP said.

In ‘secret’ since I was about 10, when I started writing fanfiction before I knew it was a thing that many other people did (and before the internet was invented). No I will not tell you what fandom it was for.

Generally moaning about the fact that I’d rather be writing than [insert life task here]. I try to give myself an hour a day, but most times it doesn’t pan out.

Who reads your work?
    I greedily hoard it for myself.

Why do you write?
    Because there are stories that I want to read and I’m incredibly impatient.

Did I not mention the hoarding? I’m not sure I have the confidence to share it tbh. At the current, it’s something I do for me.

ShadowOutcast
    Participant

I use to do a lot of online community writing back in high school. Someone starts a thread and begins a story and other continue with their own flavour. While I don’t write much now, when I do it’s mostly world building with a google drive filled with incomplete stories that I don’t have the courage to work on or give for comment.

SciFi

I remember doing so in primary or high school, nothing came of it though

On and of for about 20 years

Procrastination, Procrastination, Procrastination

Who reads your work?
    Myself, for the most part. I do have a few reworked community stories on my deviantArt

Why do you write?
    Currently looking to get back into writing and looking to see if the community that started that inspiration all so long ago can allow me to face my fears

Dark Before Dawn – https://shadowoutcast.deviantart.com/art/Dark-of-Dawn-112395362

Gwenivera – https://shadowoutcast.deviantart.com/art/Gwenivera-88605544

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar