Writing Community for Misfits

OberNoWriSu

OberNoWriSu Information Thread

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Shonk
    Keymaster

Following a brilliant idea from Nef, and with the help of you lovely members, I’m proud to present:

OberNoWriSu
    Our answer to NaNoWriMo

Firstly!
    Still not sure what we’re on about? Here is the basic run down on NaNoWriMo

In Writersmerge’s take on NaNo, we are offering more participation options to make this event a little more fun, or at least a little less stressful.

You can choose from the following:

Option a)
    The Original NaNo rules!
    •Write a 50,000-word (or longer!) novel, within the period of a month.
    •Start from scratch. None of your own previously written prose can be included in your NaNoWriMo draft (though outlines, character sketches, and research are all fine, as are citations from other people’s works).
    •Write a novel. We define a novel as a lengthy work of fiction. If you consider the book you’re writing a novel, we consider it a novel too!
    •Be the sole author of your novel. Apart from those citations mentioned two bullet-points up.
    •Write more than one word repeated 50,000 times.
    •Upload your novel for word-count validation by the cut off date (Perhaps you can request confirmation from a fellow participant).

Option b)
    Choose your own!
    • Word Count Goal. (Choose from 1,000, 5,000, 10,000, 20,000, 30,000, 40,000, 50,000+ )
    •Time Frame. (Achieve the word count in: one month, over two months OR re-start your word count for each month of summer if you’re game)
    •We are allowing the use of a pre-existing story too, however, please ensure that your word count does not include anything written prior to the event starting.

Remember, this is not a competition, no one is judging you. This is purely a chance to push your writing boundaries and motivate others at the same time.

This event will run from 1st December 2017 to 28th February 2018.

Open (or re-open) a thread and keep us updated on your progress.

“The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamouring to become visible.”
    ~ Vladimir Nabakov

So now comes the time to pick up your pen (or keyboard) and prepare to write!

Remember, this is not a competition, so have fun exploring your stories.

And in the words of Sylvia Plath,
    “The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.”

Happy Writing!

Deb
    Keymaster

While it will probably come to nothing, I am setting myself a target of 15,000 words for the three months of summer.

Good luck everyone.

Arctic Firefox
    Keymaster

30 pieces of writing. Will be shorter things like poetry, microfiction, articles, etc.

Shonk
    Keymaster

I actually don’t have a specific goal because I expect some life upheavals and too be stupidly busy over the next couple months, so I would simply like to get back into editing stuff and have a general goal to type all the stuff written over the actual NaNo period.

Nef
    Participant

I just want words! I have Ideas (capital I) but I need them to form sentences and paragraphs and coherent passages.

So I’m going for 15,000 over the period.

Shonk
    Keymaster

I have taken the liberty of creating widgets for you all, so I can judge your progress more precisely 😛

Deb:

AF:

Nef:

EDIT: Or not, because apparently they wont work here 🙁

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Shonk.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar